Sunday, December 17, 2006

What Happens in Vegas


There is a popular ad campaign for Las Vegas that says "What Happens in Vegas, Stays in Vegas". ...I beg to differ (this time).

Last Saturday, we took a long weekend trip to the city of lights both for a break from our work schedule, and just because we love the restaurants and entertainment there.

I was feeling like I had a slight cold coming on, but I was not going to let that stand in the way of us having a relaxing, good time.

The second day of our trip, my condition worsened and I developed a high fever, chills and cough that made it hard to sleep through the night. Needless to say, I spent the remainder of the trip on my back in bed with blankets piled high to stave off the chills.

Tammi called my doctor from Vegas and scheduled an appointment for the morning after we returned home. It couldn't have come sooner, I just wanted to feel better.

My doctor confirmed what I already knew. I had pneumonia.

So finally after almost a full week of being sick in bed, I'm up and on the couch. That's quite a milestone considering I have only wanted to be in bed, buried under the down blankets for the last five days.

Fortunately, Tammi was able to reschedule all of my appointments and she's been running the studio solo all week. (Isn't she great?)

I plan on returning to work this Tuesday and slowly working my way back up to speed. I'm thankful that my being out hasn't interfered with our holiday delivery schedule. Tammi has everything under control!

So, this time, What happened in Vegas didn't stay in Vegas ... It latched on tightly and came home with me!

No comments: