Monday, January 22, 2007

Volunteering

Well, it's Monday, our day off so we are headed to Grand Rapids to visit with the Professional Photographers of Western Michigan.

I was asked to serve as a judge for their annual print competition. I'm honored to help whenever I can, and it gives me an opportunity to see what my fellow photographers are doing that is new and fresh.

The judging panel consists of four other nationally affiliated judges for Professional Photographers of America, so I'm going to be in really good company.

I'm thinking of pursing my "affiliated" status this year if my schedule permits. To do so, I would have to take the judging class again (I took it about 8 or 9 years ago) and then be critiqued by other jurors in 2 or 3 different state judgings. So it really boils down to having enough time to do it.

I do enjoy volunteering for these types of things, because it helps other photographers from beginners to advanced level to further their craft.

No comments: