Wednesday, February 11, 2009

PPM Competition Results

Well, I'm back from Lansing and I'm happy to report that my images did pretty well in the Professional Photographers of Michigan print competition.

My combined score for my top 4 prints was 346. That was the fifth highest score in the state.

My image of Dario Faruggia from Wyandotte High School scored a whopping 95 points! A bridal portrait of Ann Marie (Bailey) Moran scored 80. The image that I created outside the Luxor Hotel for My friend Jim Churchill scored 81.

I entered a couple of images that I created a GLIP last summer too. The image of Justyn that was captured on the campus of the college scored 87 and my composite of Anna Marie scored 83 (I think it was under scored).

I was happy to receive the following awards:
~The Professional Photographers of America CPP Award for the highest scoring image submitted by a Certified Professional Photographer.
~The Kodak Gallery Award, for Photographic Excellence in the portrait category.
~Court of Honor in the wedding category.
~Michigan Top Seven Master Photographer.

The next step is to enter the images in PPA's annual print competition to see if any of them will be accepted into the traveling Loan Collection. -Wish me luck :)





No comments: