Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Studio Lighting in Small Spaces




Many of my students ask me about creating a camera room in their homes. It seems that the main concern is space, or more accurately, the lack thereof.




I was at Botsford Hospital this morning creating head and shoulder portraits for the incoming "First Year Residents"(Oh, side note... I have been told that if you get sick and need to go to the hospital, this may not be the best time to do it... see "first year" title.)




The space I set up my camera room in was a hallway just outside the meeting room. It was roughly 12 feet wide and I could back up about 10-12 feet. Even with the space limitations, I was still able to set up my Larson 4x6 soffbox. In my opinion, it's one of the finest light modifiers available.




No comments: