Wednesday, August 02, 2006

...And the Winner is...


I'll bet you didn't know that I am the proud recipient of a (genuine replica) Oscar Award.

That's right! The Oscar you see in this photo is a true to life Oscar, made from the mold that the real Oscars are made from.
The inscription on the front reads "The Worlds Best Master Photographer".

WOW!!! What an honor! Ok... so on the back it says "and he has the cutest mom too". Somehow, I think the award was more about my mother than it was about my photography; but hey, that's ok :)

At any rate, the Oscar was given to me as a gift from my mom's friend Alex. Alex is a retired plasterer who worked on a bunch of Hollywood hit movies. He's worked on movies like "Bram Stoker's Dracula", "The Goonies", "Dead Poets Society", just to name a few.

Hey Alex it's great to know you, and thanks again for the award!

No comments: