Sunday, May 20, 2007

The Best Things in Life are Free -(reprint)

Isn't that a line from a Beatles song? OK... I'll spare you my singing, but it's tue.

Everywhere you look, someone is trying to sell you something to make your life faster, stronger, better than it was before.

When it comes to Photoshop, whenever and wherever I can use actions, to speed up my workflow and to make my images look better, I do.

I found some really neat actions on jeremydaaler.com. Jeremy has written some actions to simulate classic film effects.

click on the image to see it larger


As you can see in the photo, you can apply a soft overlay, bleach bypass and a tri-x filter. Ahhh... it brings back memories of long hours spent in the dark room with the aroma of chemicals wafting through the air. "Those were the days"... isn't that another song?? (I digress)

Anyway, you can download those actions from Jeremy's site. I wrote the other two actions that you see (border burn & modified lomo) to enhance my photography and to make it a little different than that of everyone else.

You can download those actions here for FREE. The only thing I ask in return is that you post a comment here to let me know how you like them.

Fair enough?

No comments: